Welcome to stjohnscollege.edu (the "Site"), a website operated and maintained by St. John's College ("St. John's"). Please review the legal notices and terms and conditions that follow on this page. By accessing, using, viewing, or downloading materials from the Site, you voluntarily accept and agree to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions in all circumstances. St. John's reserves the right to alter or modify these terms and conditions in any respect, by updating the content of this page. Since these legal notices and terms and conditions are binding on you as a user, you should visit this page periodically when you access the Site.
You, the User, agree to access and use the Site only for lawful purposes. You further agree that you will not, at any time: (1) post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable content or such content as may be prohibited by these Terms and Conditions of Use or by any applicable law, ordinance, or regulation; (2) use the Site for any purposes relating to the creation or distribution of any content that contains a software virus, worm, bug, or any other computer code, files, or programs that may alter, damage, interrupt or otherwise adversely affect the functionality of the Site or any hardware, software, programs or content of any other person or entity; (3) alter, damage, modify, delete or add to any content of the Site without the authorization or approval of St. John's; (4) post or transmit any advertising, promotional materials, or other solicitations; or (5) post or transmit any material that infringes or violates the intellectual property rights of another.
St. John's is not responsible for screening any communications or content posted by any person or entity other than an agent or employee of St. John's (or a contractor engaged by St. John's) that is authorized to post such communications or content. Notwithstanding the foregoing, St. John's reserves the right to reorganize or delete any communications, content, or postings as it shall deem necessary or appropriate, in its sole discretion, and to prohibit further postings from any individual or entity for any reason.
Use of Data
Any information or data available on or through the Site may be used for personal and lawful purposes only. No such information or data shall be used at any time for any commercial, public or political purpose. Prohibited uses of information and/or data available on or through the Site include, but are not limited to, the following:
Disclaimer of Liability
(1) WITH RESPECT TO DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THIS SITE, ST. JOHN'S, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND ANY OTHER PARTIES INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR DELIVERY OF THE SITE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THE SITE, HOWEVER CAUSED AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY) OR OTHERWISE. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS THE PRECEDING EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST AND GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED.
(2) THE USER EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT THE USE OF THE SITE IS AND SHALL BE AT THE USER'S SOLE RISK. ST. JOHN'S IS PROVIDING THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENTS. ST. JOHN'S DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, FOR EXAMPLE (NOT BY WAY OF LIMITATION), WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
(3) LIKEWISE, ST. JOHN'S DISCLAIMS ANY LEGAL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, PROCEDURE, METHOD, APPARATUS, PRODUCT, OR PROCESS POSTED ON THE SITE. NEITHER ST. JOHN'S NOR ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES ASSUMES OR SHALL AT ANY TIME BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE, OR BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD OR INFORMATION, UNDER ANY THEORY OR CAUSE OF ACTION WITH REGARD TO THIS SITE.
(4) IF ANY USER IS DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THIS SITE, OR WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, SUCH USER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
Provision of Data/Information
St. John's reserves the right to alter, improve, remove or otherwise change the content of all or any portion of the Site, and St. John's may, at any time, prohibit, prevent or restrict access to the Site for any duration, whether permanent or temporary, for any reason, in the sole discretion of St. John's. St. John's does not warrant that the Site or its contents shall remain constant, consistent, uninterrupted or accessible.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
Any reference made on the Site to any product, process, service, or activity, whether commercial or non-commercial, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, in any other manner or fashion, does not and shall not be deemed to indicate or imply that St. John's endorses, recommends, or favors the product, process, service, or activity mentioned. Certain views and opinions expressed on the Site may not necessarily state or reflect those of St. John's, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes. Furthermore, St. John's shall not be responsible for any off-Site or external pages referenced or linked, and the risk of injury or damages from the use of such off-Site or external pages shall rest entirely with the User.
User hereby agrees to save, defend, indemnify and hold harmless St. John's, its employees, officers, directors, agents, contractors, subsidiaries and affiliates from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses and expenses, including attorney's fees, arising out of or in any way related, directly or indirectly, to the User's use of the Site or its contents. St. John's reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by the User, and the User shall not in any event settle any matter or case without the written consent of St. John's.
Passwords and Accounts
If and to the extent that a user account, user ID, password or other such information is/are required to access and use portions or areas of the Site, the User shall be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of such information.
(1) The text and images of people or places displayed on the Site are the property of either St. John's or a third party licensing such use to St. John's. The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of St. John's and/or other parties. No Trademark displayed on the Site may be used without the written permission of the party that owns such Trademark. St. John's hereby reserves its right to enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including seeking criminal prosecution where authorized under law.
(2) The contents of the Site are protected by copyright pursuant to applicable United States and/or foreign copyright laws. User shall abide by all copyright notices and other restrictions contained in the Site. Access to, and use of, the Site is solely for the User's personal, non-commercial use. Accessing, using, modifying, altering, displaying, performing, distributing, copying, downloading, and/or reproducing any content from the Site in violation of applicable copyright law is expressly prohibited, and St. John's reserves its right to enforce any and all rights under said copyright law to the fullest extent of the law, including seeking criminal prosecution where legally authorized.
St. John's reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate this agreement and extinguish all right or license of any particular person(s) or entity/entities to access and use the Site at any time.
The use of this Site and the provisions contained herein shall at all times be governed by and/or construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Maryland, United States of America. In using the Site or all or any portion of its contents, the user agrees that such use shall conform to all applicable laws and regulations, and the user shall not violate the rights of any third parties.
If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Copyright 2008 St. John's College. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to St. John's College.