Pathways Fellowship Program
The Pathways Fellowship enables St. John’s students to transition into graduate study or careers that call for special or prerequisite courses. Through this program, students will be able to enroll, for example, in teacher education courses for the pursuit of public school teaching, art classes in preparation of a portfolio, or pre-medical courses for medical school (these are only a sample of options, not meant to be all-encompassing). St. John’s College is committed to supporting students in the pursuit of such endeavors. Awarded students will receive a maximum grant amount of $2,500.
Download the application package
Attend an information session
- Open to rising juniors and seniors and graduating seniors on the Annapolis campus in good academic and disciplinary standing
- Students must be returning to either the Annapolis or Santa Fe campus in the fall immediately following their fellowship experience, unless they are graduating seniors
- Financial need does not affect a student’s eligibility
- A Selection Committee consisting of faculty and staff members reviews each completed application
- Decisions of the Selection Committee are final
- Students may not receive a Pathways Fellowship and a Hodson Internship Award during the same time period
- Students do not earn credit toward a St. John’s degree by participating in the Pathways Fellowship program
Terms and Requirements
- The Pathways Fellowship award may be subject to certain state and federal taxes
- Students are required to submit evidence of successful completion of the course/program
- Students are required to write a brief report promptly upon completing their program—a deadline will be given. Reports will be available in the Career Services office and open for review by the College community. These reports do contain the student’s name.
Students apply directly to the college, university or certificate program in which they are interested.
All of the application components are due by the deadline of December 11, 2014.
The Career Services Office is available to provide advice and guidance for any part of your application.