Support for Remote Learners
Microsoft Teams will be the core software for accessing online classes.
- Open a web browser and go to teams.microsoft.com/downloads.
- The page should automatically detect your operating system, and select the appropriate download for you. Just click the “Download Teams” link to begin the download.
- Open the installer from the folder it was downloaded to (or open it through “Downloads” in your browser).
- If prompted to provide permission for the application to install, please say “Yes” or “Okay” (these options vary depending on what operating system you have).
- Once installation is complete, the Teams application should open, and prompt you to login. Input your SJC username (including the “@sjc.edu” extension) and your password.
- You are now ready for collaborations, meetings, chats, and file sharing.
A headset with a microphone is recommended to ensure the best audio quality in Teams calls and video meetings.
Watch this short instructional video to learn more about joining a Teams meeting.
A training page for SJC students, faculty, and staff has been set up at sjc.o365support.com.