Skip to Main Content

Gifts of Stocks or Securities

Make a bigger impact by donating long-term appreciated securities—including publicly traded stocks and mutual funds. By donating appreciated securities, you are entitled to a charitable deduction for the full current value of securities held longer than one year and you avoid paying the capital gains tax that would be due if the securities were sold.

To initiate a transfer of securities held by a brokerage firm or commercial bank, speak with your financial adviser or work directly with the brokerage firm or bank to electronically transfer the securities to the college.

Instructions for Stock Transfers
to St. John’s College

Charles Schwab (1-800-435-4000)
St. John’s Account #8410 9590
DTC #0164, Code #40

St. John’s Santa Fe Tax ID: 85-0162247

St. John’s College
1160 Camino Cruz Blanca
Santa Fe, NM 87505

REQUIRED: Please email development(at) or call 505-984-6109 or 410-626-2507 with the approximate date the securities will transfer as well as the name and number of shares, so that we can properly credit you for the gift.

Contact and More Information

For all other types of securities, government notes, bonds, bills, Fed Eligible FNMA, FHLM securities, and GNMA securities or for further information on giving securities or other gifts of personal property, real estate, or insurance contact Phelosha Collaros, Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations, at 505-984-6109 or pcollaros(at)