Updated 4/19/16, click or scroll down for position details.
Coordinator, Athletics and Recreation
Reports To: Assistant Dean
- Responsible for running extensive intramural program in team and individual sport, organizing other athletic activities
- Assist to develop and maintain classes and programs to promote student health
- Duties include officiating at games, making schedules, keeping records, offering extra-curricular instruction, arranging for outside instructors as needed
- Hiring and supervising students as referees and gym assistants
- Supervises the Manager of the Boathouse
- Work with staff in student life and health to develop programming, purchasing equipment and supplies
- Supervises the use and maintenance of all athletic facilities and equipment.
- BA degree and 3 years of organizational/administrative experience, or acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Experience in playing and officiating at some sports (i.e. touch football, soccer, volleyball, and basketball)
- Good organizational, communication, and computational skills and an ability and desire to work with college students
- Imagination and energy
- Good physical condition in order to perform all parts of the position
- Certification in first aid and CPR
- Support for the goals of liberal education as pursued at St. John’s College
- Ability to work with the college community at all levels
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired: A bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in physical education and or recreation or equivalent; experience in intramural or recreational sports; training in sports medicine; weight training and or other physical activities.
Compensation: Grade 12, Base Salary $52,696.00, excellent benefits
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to
Coordinator, Digital Humanities
Reports To: Director of IT
- Evaluate current state of digital humanities at St. John’s and define the needs of the community
- Work with faculty and librarians in the exploration of pedagogical and instructional technology innovation
- Analyze trends in digital technology delivery mechanisms and periodically report on results of research, particularly potential impacts speech, thinking and writing
- Define and document standard methods for creating new digital content (e.g writing, publishing , graphics, notation tools)
- Research tools for creating and presenting digital content
- Create outreach activities and workshops in collaboration with tutor led committee.
- Explore partnerships. Engage with digital technology in humanities at peer schools throughout the MidAtlantic region and identify innovative and evolving digital scholarly initiatives.
- Assist tutors and students with identifying techniques, tools, and distinctive collections that serve to advance their teaching and learning.
- Connect faculty, librarians and students through projects that integrate unique materials into diverse areas of the program.
- Advanced degree in Digital Humanities, Library Science or advanced degree in instructional design , educational technology or related field
- Familiarity with digital data analysis tools and techniques applied to humanities research
- Demonstrated program- or project-management skills and experience, including logistical support
- Experience organizing workshops or conferences
- Interest in professional development and research
- Ability to work effectively and creatively in a collaborative and complex environment
- Aptitude for working productively with a diverse range of faculty, students, and academic professional staff
- Demonstrated proficiency with internet applications and programming languages and databases
- Experience working with various metadata standards
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Compensation: Grade 12, Base Salary $52,696.00, excellent benefits.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the College to provide equal employment opportunity for all job applicants and employees in full compliance with the relevant statutes, executive orders, and regulations. There shall be no discrimination at St. John's College in recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion on the basis of race, religion, age, sex, national origin, color, disability, handicap, sexual orientation, or other factors prohibited by law.