Annapolis Registrar

The Office of the Registrar is located in Mellon Hall. Contact the office by phone at 410-626-2513 or email at annapolis.registrar(at)


Click the links below or scroll down for more information:


Transcript Requests

As of April 2019, the Office of the Registrar has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) for transcript services.

Official transcripts—both electronic and paper versions—can be ordered online through our transcript partner, the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC).



Electronic transcripts sent through NSC carry a security feature verifying that the transcript has not been altered. You may also upload attachments, including your resume or other cover pages required by the recipient.

Our office processes transcripts once per week, typically on Thursdays. All orders received by noon on Thursdays will mailed or transmitted electronically that same week; orders received after noon on Thursdays will be mailed or transmitted the following week. You will receive an email when your order is received and another when it has been fulfilled. Please check with the receiving school or company to see if they prefer paper or electronic delivery of your academic record.

Students are reminded that their accounts must be clear of all fines and fees, loans must be in current status, and the financial aid exit interview on file (if applicable) before an official transcript may be released. In addition, the college reserves the right to hold the transcripts of students who have similar outstanding obligations at other institutions that participate in federal financial aid (Title IV) programs.

If you have any questions about these new transcript ordering procedures, please don’t hesitate to contact us by phone at 410-626-2509 or by email at annapolis.registrar(at)

Unofficial Transcripts

Unofficial transcripts for current or past students may be ordered with a signed request through the Registrars office in person or by mail, fax, or email. Students desiring a copy for themselves or a copy for their parents should request an unofficial transcript. Unofficial transcripts will be sent as a PDF email attachment. There is no charge for unofficial transcripts.

Download a request form for Unofficial Transcripts
Download a credit breakdown Transcript Supplement
Download a narrative Transcript Supplement

Class credit policy

St. John’s College classes are held on a semester basis, with 16 weeks in a semester. Our all-required curriculum consists of a small number of classes, four to five types (tutorial, seminar, laboratory, chorus, lecture) each semester for each class year in the four-year program. Most of the classes are seminars or tutorials and meet for either two 2-hour sessions or three 70-minute sessions per week and receive four semester credits. Classes are awarded credits within the MHEC guidelines of 750 class minutes per credit hour. Recommended out-of-class time requirements are at least two to three times the in-class time.


Printable Readmission Application

A student wishing to be readmitted to the college for the fall, spring or summer semester must submit a readmission application to the Registrar on the campus last attended. A deposit, the amount of which is noted on the application, must accompany the readmission application along with other items listed.

Students who are seeking readmission and who fail to meet the deadlines and Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) filing dates stated below will be considered for readmission but may be unable to enroll if space in the class or financial aid is not available.

The deadlines for submitting the readmission application are:

  • Fall readmission: by the third Monday in February prior to the fall for which the student is applying.
  • Spring readmission: by August 1 prior to the spring for which the student is applying.
  • Summer readmission: by October 1 prior to the summer for which the student is applying.

The deadlines for filing the FAFSA, if needed, are: Fall readmission, by March 1 prior to the fall for which the student is applying. Spring readmission, by August 1 prior to the spring for which the student is applying. Summer readmission, by October 1 prior to the summer for which the student is applying.

After a readmission application and deposit have been received, the dean and assistant dean review the student’s file. The student will be informed of the decision and, if the decision is for readmission, of any conditions that must be satisfied. If the student is not readmitted, the deposit will be returned. Once a student has been readmitted the deposit is not refundable and a deposit is never rolled forward to a future year. The student must be in good financial standing with the college and with educational lending institutions before being allowed to re-enroll.

Application for financial aid is made separately. Students should seek the advice of the Financial Aid Director as soon as they are considering applying for readmission. Readmission to the college does not guarantee an offer of financial aid though a student must have been readmitted before he applies for aid.

Aid is need-based and granted on a rolling basis; the general rule for students who will require financial aid is: Apply for readmission early and submit aid forms within the filing deadlines.

Campus Transfer

Printable Transfer Application

The readmission and transfer deadlines and guidelines stated above apply. Applicants for readmission and transfer who apply after the above deadlines will be considered for readmission only. A student applies to the campus last attended (the home campus) for readmission and transfer.

The readmission application is considered first and, if approved, the transfer application is considered. If both applications are approved by the home campus, they are forwarded to the other campus along with those of applicants currently enrolled for consideration by the Dean of the other campus.

The applicant is advised of the readmission and transfer decision by the home campus. Readmission and Transfer applicants for the fall term will be advised of the transfer decision before the end of March prior to the fall in which they wish to enroll. Students should seek the advice of the financial aid director on the home campus as soon as they are considering readmission and transfer.

Verification of Enrollment

For current students, certifying enrollment is made simple by stopping by the Office of the Registrar and completing the Enrollment Certification Form or dropping a request in the campus mail. The request must bear your signature. When away from school or for alumni, please download the transcript/enrollment certification form on this web page and mail or fax it to the office of the Registrar. Please see above. Requests for certification of enrollment must come from the student.

Classroom or Conference room Reservations

Current members of the college community who wish to reserve a classroom in McDowell Hall, Mellon Hall or the Barr-Buchanan Center for a meeting or special event, please contact the Office of the Registrar at ext. 2513. The Office of the Registrar is also responsible for reserving the Mellon Conference Room and the Hodson Room.

To reserve other locations such as the FSK Auditorium, FSK Lobby, Conversation Room, Boathouse, Private Dining Room or Great Hall, please contact the Facility Rentals Office at 410-626-2547.

International Student Services

The Registrar is the Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) and the Assistant to the Registrar is a Designated School Official (DSO) for students with an F-1 visa status. Inquiries should be directed to the Office of the Registrar regarding obtaining an F-1 visa, maintaining status, optional practical training, and all other matters related to international students.

Veterans Benefits

Current students who think they may be eligible for veterans benefits should contact the Office of the Registrar as soon as their plans to enroll at the college are complete.

Student Right-to-Know-Act

Also known as the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act, this act was passed by Congress on November 9, 1990. It requires institutions eligible for Title IV funding to make available upon request, to all students and prospective students, completion or graduation rates of certificate or degree-seeking first-time, full-time undergraduate students entering an institution.

In accordance with this act, the Office of the Registrar will provide and make readily available completion or graduation rates to current and prospective students.

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act - FERPA

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) was enacted by the United States Congress in 1974 setting forth requirements regarding the privacy of student records. Any educational institution and educational agency that receives funds under any program administered by the US Secretary of Education must comply with FERPA. Institutions must annually notify students of their rights under FERPA.

The purpose of FERPA is to afford certain rights to students concerning their education records. These rights are:

  1. The right to inspect and review the education records;
  2. The right to seek to have the records amended; and
  3. The right to have some control over the disclosure of information from the records.
  4. The right to file a complaint with the US Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the College to comply with the requirements of FERPA.

What is an education record? An education record is any record directly related to a student(s) containing personally identifiable information (name, address, social security number etc.) and maintained by St. John’s College or by a person acting for the college.

Read the college’s policy on compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

Voting Information

View Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Requests.