Campus Wellness

Health Center, Insurance, and Medical Forms/Vaccinations

St. John’s College is committed to promoting the health and wellness for our students. The Student Health and Wellness Center, located in Randall Hall (see map), is open on weekdays when classes are in session to provide basic primary care, psychiatric, and counseling services to students. Staffed by a team of medical and mental health professionals, the Student Health and Wellness Center is available to all registered students. If a student requires medical or mental health treatment beyond what can be provided within the Center, referrals to appropriate community resources will be made.

The Student Health and Wellness Center provides counseling and psychiatric medication management to students at no charge. Students may seek counseling for any number of reasons and need not be in crisis. Mental health providers can help with adjusting to life in the US and to college, sadness, anxiety, grief, stress, and any other concern that life brings your way. To request an appointment with a mental health provider, please read and complete the Mental Health Treatment Interest Form in your Student Health Portal. Any mental health and other wellness services questions should be directed to Dr. Lopez at counseling(at)

Medical appointments can be made by calling 410-626-2553 or emailing annapolis.healthcenter(at) All students are required to provide documentation that they are covered by health insurance while enrolled as part of the health insurance waiver process. All international Students will be automatically enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan. Even though you may have existing health insurance in your home country, you are not permitted to waive your enrollment in the Student Health Insurance Plan. All domestic students who fail to waive the Student Health Insurance Plan by the published date will be automatically enrolled and a charge will be posted to your student account with the College.

Incoming students are required to complete all health forms and upload vaccination records in the Student Health Portal ( Specific forms and vaccination requirements can be found in the mysjc portal. PLEASE NOTE: the Mental Health Treatment Interest Form is NOT a required health form; it is only for those interested in mental health treatment through the SJC Student Health and Wellness Center (and should only be completed after you’ve received your class schedule for the semester in which you are seeking services). Students are highly encouraged to visit the Student Health and Wellness Center to learn about the scope of services provided, including telehealth services, after hours services, and crisis services.

Disability-Related Accommodations

St. John’s College is committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all students where diversity is valued in the pursuit of knowledge. Each student brings unique perspectives, abilities, and skills which together form the greater community in which we live, work, and learn. Students with disabilities are just one group of students that comprise our diverse community.

St. John’s College works with students seeking reasonable accommodations as outlined in the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act including academic accommodations, housing accommodations, and policy accommodations. Students are not required to register for accommodations, identify themselves to any members of the College community as a person with a disability, or utilize accommodations they do not need or want. Accommodation requests are evaluated on a case-by-case basis within the structure of the College program. Accommodations are not retroactive, so it is important that accommodations are sought in a timely fashion to avoid unanticipated consequences. The Request for Accommodation Form and the Documentation Requirements are available on the mysjc portal.

Students seeking housing related accommodations are required to submit these requests prior to the housing selection process (for upperclassmen) and prior to housing assignments being made (for incoming first-year students). Any requests made after these times will be granted based on availability.”