Meem Library subscribes to several scholarly online resources. These online resources can be accessed from the computers located on the first floor of the library, from one’s dorm room, and in the faculty and student computer labs. Academic Search Premier, CINAHL, FirstSearch, JSTOR, Oxford English Dictionary (OED), Philosophers Index, and the Gale Databases can be accessed by St. John’s faculty, students and staff from home via remote patron authentication. Mango Languages can be accessed remotely by all registered library patrons, including community and alumni borrowers.
If you would like assistance on how to use the online resources, or how to connect to these resources, please contact Laura Cooley by phone at 505-984-6044 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic Search Premier – a multi-disciplinary database with full-text articles from nearly 4,500 journals
- CINAHL – a comprehensive source of articles from nursing and allied health journals
- Digital Loeb Classical Library – a comprehensive and searchable electronic version of the print Loebs
- eBook Academic Collection – contains a large selection of multidisciplinary eBook titles representing a broad range of academic subject matter
- eBook General Collection – contains metadata, indexes, and full text for books in electronic format
- FirstSearch – an index that combines thousands of libraries holdings into one database, including books, AV materials, and journals
- Gale Reference Databases – (InfoTrac, Expanded Academic ASAP with full-text articles, etc.)
- JSTOR – a database of archival scholarly journals with full-text articles
- Mango Languages – an online language-learning system that can help you learn languages such as Spanish, French, and Mandarin Chinese; includes several ESL components.
- Oxford English Dictionary – an electronic version of the Oxford English Dictionary (OED), an authoritative guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of over half a million words
- Philosophers Index with Full Text – This renowned philosophy index provides access to full-text journals published in the United States and Britain as well as in 27 other countries.
Links to Helpful Internet Sites
- New Mexico State Library
- Santa Fe University of Art and Design
- Santa Fe Public Library
- University of New Mexico Libraries
- Greenfield Library at St. John’s College, Annapolis
Electronic Texts and Reference Tools
- Complete Works of William Shakespeare
- Internet Classics Archive: Classical Greek & Roman Texts
- Rare Book Room
- Perseus Project: Ancient Greek database (includes Liddell & Scott Greek/English Lexicon)
- Project Gutenberg
- Greek and Latin Learning Tools
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Monier Williams Sanskrit-English Dictionary
- Chaucer MetaPage (with audio recordings)