Meem Library subscribes to several scholarly online resources. These online resources can be accessed from the computers located on the first floor of the library, from one’s dorm room, and in the faculty and student computer labs. The Digital Loeb Classical Library, FirstSearch, Gale Reference Databases, JSTOR, Mango Languages, Naxos Spoken Word Library, and the Oxford English Dictionary (OED), can be accessed by current St. John’s faculty, students and staff from home via remote patron authentication using your college network login credentials. The Chronicle of Higher Education and Vault can be accessed by using your St. John’s College email to create an account within each site.
Artstor –With approximately 300 collections composed of over 2.5 million images, Artstor provides access to wide-ranging material such as Native American art from the Smithsonian, treasures from the Louvre, and panoramic, 360-degree views of the Hagia Sophia in a single, easy-to-use resource. Ithaka is providing free access to Artstor for our campus community through December 31, 2020.
The Chronicle of Higher Education – Updated every weekday, this resource provides news articles and information pertinent to college faculty, staff, and administrators. It also includes a searchable archive and current job listings. Current students, faculty, and staff may use their college email to create an account within the CHE site to access articles remotely.
- Digital Loeb Classical Library – A comprehensive and searchable electronic version of the print Loebs.
- FirstSearch – An index that combines thousands of libraries’ holdings into one database, including books, AV materials, and journals.
- Gale Reference Databases – InfoTrac, Expanded Academic ASAP with full-text articles, etc.
- JSTOR – A database of archival scholarly journals with full-text articles.
- Mango Languages – This language learning resource provides lessons for over 70 world languages and dialects.
- Naxos Spoken Word Library – This audiobook streaming resource provides access to thousands of titles, including many Program readings, as well as texts in French and German. New titles are added monthly. Please contact Jennifer Sprague at to get the login credentials for the NSWL mobile app.
- Oxford English Dictionary – An electronic version of the Oxford English Dictionary (OED), an authoritative guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of over half a million words.
- Vault – A resource specializing in career information that includes a collection of over 250 guidebooks, industry and profession profiles, as well as career advice blogs and company rankings. A free user account is required to access this resource.
Student Writing Resources
Current students can access essay writing tips, information about senior essays, and sample student essays, along with short video tutorials. Access to our writing resources is limited to current students and faculty. For additional assistance, please contact Presidential Fellow for Academic Support & Writing Coordinator Ken Baumann or Tutor and Writing Archon Marsaura Shukla.
- New Mexico State Library
- Santa Fe Public Library
- University of New Mexico Libraries
- Greenfield Library at St. John’s College, Annapolis
- St. John’s College Digital Archives
- Shakespeare’s Works
- Internet Classics Archive: Classical Greek & Roman Texts
- Rare Book Room
- Perseus Project: Ancient Greek database (includes Liddell & Scott Greek/English Lexicon)
- Project Gutenberg