Santa Fe Student Accounts FAQs

What is a 1098-T tax form and what do I do with it?

The 1098-T is an informational tax form letting you know what information has been sent to the IRS. A 1098-T is sent to each student who was billed tuition during the previous calendar year. View more information on 1098-Ts. The college cannot provide tax advice and we recommend that you contact a tax professional with any tax questions.

What are W-4 and I-9 Forms?

Many students participate in work study while at St. John’s. All student-employees must complete both the W-4 and I-9 forms before they are eligible to work. The Financial Aid office can assist the student in the completion of these two required forms, both of which are available there. For information about these forms go to:


The W-4 form is also called the Employees Withholding Allowance Certificate. It tells the college’s payroll department how many deductions you are claiming. The college cannot provide tax advice on the completion of this form.


The I-9 form is also titled “Employment Eligibility Verification.” All employers are required to have this form on file for each employee. The form confirms whether an employee can legitimately work in the United States. The I-9 asks for some basic information about the employee (name, address, birth date, citizenship) and requires that proper identification be presented to the college at the time of completion. Students normally complete these forms during fall registration or as soon as they have been hired at other times of the academic year.

What is the federal school ID number?

FASFA: 002093

CSS Profile: 4737